I am an architect, with a master in sociology and PhD in urban geography. I took photography
courses nearly 40 years ago. Currently, I am preparing a book of photography entitled “Streets of the
World and their People” with short narratives accompanying the photos. I am considered as a social
I like to travel and encounter the world with its streets and its people, but the part that corresponds
to my interest, my vision and philosophy of life. My photos are a look at someone’s world, a journey
into their space and their life; an attempt to build a story without affection, as part of a social
I present different visual stories that intersect in the streets and in their plurality create a certain
connection; a new sense. These images can be regard, a hand, a detail or a full scene; a fixed
temporality that captures movement. A piece of something that states a vaster space.
I believe that working with simple narratives of contrasted images, such as rich-poor, black-white or
north-south, are deprived of any conceptual construct. It is about abusing simple photographic
oppositions. I want to build visual bridges that bring closer different people, places and words, in an
attempt to unit and integrate through symbols, images and spaces. The essence of parks, markets,
religious celebrations, city functions, and movements of people, all reflect a way of being that after
all have too many similarities and points in common in many parts of the world.
My images aim to reunite us with the common man, using a simple visual grammar that reveals the
value of the everyday hidden life. Images that are the time of the people and the people in their
Photos are the expression of my intuition, perhaps of my desires, my own synthesis of the world
condensed in a moment. I hope these images arouse more suspicions than certainties in a way that
is possible to speculate with them to open paths of contrasting narratives.
I like to walk around the city and photograph what spontaneously appears, but not all, a piece of
landscape and the reality and the fiction that goes with it. The characters are always taken by
surprise and thus do not influence their own representation. Walk and learn about the narrative that
space contains, finding a storm of things, a ship wreck of ideas, a unique grammar of the city. Walk
without a script to rewrite a monograph of the place with my steps, periods and images. Catch lights
and shadows of the twilight that escapes little by little through the camera.
Conceive an image in the span of a presence that transits. Focus on a smile, a necklace or a look.
Give room to the universe in an instant and guess the mystery of the light that becomes metric.
I started photography end 2015.
– 17 honorable mentions, International Photography Awards (2016), USA
– 1 honorable mention, One Shoot: Climate Change Competition (2017).
– Director’s Award 2017, Cartier-Bresson Passporte Prize, Street Photography & additional 6
photo nominations (06-2017) (http://www.thepassporte.com/2017-cartierbresson-passporte-
– First place, International Photography Awards (2017), Non-Professional Event: Social Cause.
– Bronze medal, Paris Photo Prize Px3 (2017), Press-Featured Story “Collective Pain”.
– First Place, PHOTO+, PDN Faces Photography Contest (2017), New York
– 6 honorable mentions, Monochrome Photography Awards (2017), Category people
– First prize, Smart Arts category, Digital Camera’s Photographer of the Year competition (2017)
– Second place, Black and White Photographer of the Year competition (2018), Black and White
Magazine and Fujifilm (https://www.bpoty.com).
– Winner photo, Black Box Gallery, Black and White Competition (2018), USA.
– First place, early Entry winner, PDN, Rangefinder, WPPI, One Life International photography
competition (2017) (http://www.shutterloveonline.com/contest_galleries/onelife/2017/#main)
– Aline Smithson Juror’s Selection, New York Center for Photographic Art, ONE Call (2017)
– Third place, Digital Camera Photographer of the Year (2018), Character Study
– Sony World Photography Awards (2018), ‘Commended’ photo on Portraiture Category, Open
Competition with more than 320,008 images entered from 210 countries.
– Silver Medal, Editorial, General News, Tokyo International Photo Awards (2017)
– ‘Winner Photo Mark of Excellence’, Black and White, ‘I Shot It’ Leica Competition (2018)
– Honorable Mention, Mono-Kromatic competition, Minnesota (2018), USA
– Third Place, International Photography and Arts Community People and Animals, Zebra Black
and White Competition, additional 7 finalist photos (http://tzipac.com/tzipac-winners-galleries-
– Winner 2017, ‘35 Awards – 100 Best Photos of the Year (2017), Black and White category,
Moscow, selected among more than 103 thousand participants, 160 countries, and 257
thousand photos (http://35awards.com/author/eduardolopez/).
– Third place black and white, Best 100 Photographers of the Year (2017), Moscow,
– Royal Photography Society, short-listed, International Photography Exhibition 161 (2018),
– Gold in Editorial-Conflict / Bronze in Editorial-Photo Essay / Silver in People-Children / 1st place
winner in Editorial. Moscow International Photo Awards (MIFA)
– 3 rd Place, Event – Social Cause, International Photo Awards (IPA), curated by Catherine Edelman.
– Top 20 finalists, FOCUS Photo, l.a. Summer edition (2018), Les Rencontres de la Photography,
– National Geographic, Travel Photographer of the Year (2018), Galleries People W. 4,
– First Place, PDN, NY and Photocrowd, London, Photojournalism in Black and White (2018),
– Honorable Mention, Neutral Density Photography Awards, Professional (2019),
– ‘Winner Photo Mark of Excellence’, City, ‘I Shot It’ Leica Competition (2018)
– 2 nd place winner, juror Louise Fedotov, Black and White competition, New York Center for
Photographic Art (2018), USA.
– United Nations Kenya, solo photo exhibition (2016), “University of Garissa: A History of Hope
– Gallery Transient, solo photo exhibition (2016), “Open Classrooms Close the Door to Terrorism”,
– Black Box Gallery, group exhibition Black and White (2018), Oregon, USA.
– New York Center for Photographic Art, Jazmin Gallery, ONE 2017, USA.
– Photography Show in NEC Birmingham, awarded picture (March 2018), UK.
– Gallery Transient, Nairobi, solo photo exhibition of selected pictures (2017), Kenya
– Somerset Gallery, Sony World Photography Awards, commended photo presented (May 2018).
– ICA Gallery, awarded photo projected (May 2018), Tokyo, Japan.
– Praxis Gallery and Photographic Art Center, solo exhibition ‘Refugees’ (May 2018), Minnesota,
– Moscow International Foto Awards, Photo show exhibition – awarded photo (June 2018),
Manila, the Philippines.
– Focus Photo l.a., exhibition during “Les Rencontres de la Photography”, Summer 2018 Edition
TOP 20 Finalists (July 2018), Arles, France.
– MIFA Photo Exhibition, Photocenter, awarded photo, (September 2018), Moscow, Russia.
– Annual Best of Show Exhibition IPA, Lucie Photo, curated by Catherine Edelman (October 2018),
New York, USA.
– Praxis Gallery, The Portrait awarded photo, Minnesota, USA.
– Art Museum, solo photo exhibition, “Students without schools” (August 2018), Leon, Mexico
– Inauguration of Cultural Centre Sor Juana Ines, solo photo exhibition (November 2018), Leon,
– Norway, solo photo exhibition “development’, Oslo, Trondheim, Stavanger cities, Library, City
Hall and Communal Centers (October 2018), Norway.
– Various publications: United Nations Reports, CAF Development Bank, El Pais, Mexico
– On-line publications : Black Box Gallery, Praxis Center of Photography, Leica, National
– Digital Camera Magazine, Refugees (October 2017).
– Magazine Black and White Photography (BPOTY) – Picture of the Year 2018, second place, p.
– PDN Photo Industry Trends – Faces, portrait Photography Contest, first place, p.64
– Interview ROS Photo Russian – Eduardo Lopez Moreno Winner of 35 Awards Black and
White, Sept. 2018 (https://rosphoto.com/contest/eduardo_lopes_moreno-6776?_utl_t=fb).
– Biennial Black and White Photographers Competition, 2018 awards, New Photography
Network, China, 2018 (http://www.rxsy.net/2018/01/2018).
– Booklet solo photo exhibition, Students without Schools, Leon, Mexico, September 2018
– Mexico Publica, Social Photographer, November 2018.
– Photo Album 35 Awards 2017, Moscow, Russia (https://2017.35awards.com/).
– Invited Jury in the QazPhoto Competition “Make it Clear”, Kazakhstan Photography
Organization, category, the world around me, September 2018.